The money that I raise by walking the full 20-mile route supports more than 450 emergency food programs in 129 communities in Massachusetts. Every dollar counts for the children, elderly, and disabled individuals who do not have enough food to get through the week.
* $20 provides 40 people at a soup kitchen with a bowl of hot soup and a sandwich.
* $50 provides 100 people at an emergency food program with a bowl of hot soup & a sandwich.
* $100 provides a week's supply of groceries for five families.
* $500 allows a community health center to provide immediate food assistance to 25 hungry families.
* $1000 permits a food pantry to give a week's supply of groceries to 50 families in need.
I've committed to raising $500 for Project Bread, and I hope you will be able to help me reach my goal by making a donation. Visit my Walk Page to learn more. From there, you can donate to me, or sign up to Walk! Thank you very much for your support. http://projectbread.org/goto/ctegan